Awesome collection of some of the best resources online for Computer Science.
Contributions are welcome.
The guide contains the following sections:
- Developer Programs
- CS50 - Introduction to Computer Science by Harvard University on edX.
- CS 101 - Udacity’s Intro to Computer Science.
- The New Boston - Programming tutorials by Bucky Roberts.
- Google Tech Dev Guide - Grow your technical skills with Google.
- Practice Programs
- Project Ideas
- 100 Days of Code Challenge
- Project Based Learning
- Rapid API - World’s top APIs for all kinds of tasks.
For people interested in following a university like curriculum.
- Computer Science - Path to a free self-taught education in Computer Science!
- Machine Learning - Learn Machine Learning in 3 Months.
- Deep Learning - Learn Deep Learning in 6 Weeks.
- Data Science - Path to a free self-taught education in Data Science!
Free Online Courses
The following websites feature some of the best resources available online for learning topics related to Computer Science.
- Free Code Camp
- Udacity: Intro to HTML and CSS
- Intro to React
- CS50’s Introduction to Game Development
- Unity 3D
- Godot Engine - Godot uses GDScript, which is similar to Python
- Love - Create 2D games in Lua
- libGDX - Cross-platform game development in Java
- pygame - Python library built on top of SDL
- Phaser - Desktop and mobile HTML5 game framework
- Up For Grabs - List of projects which have curated tasks specifically for new contributors.
- issuehub.io - Contribute to Open Source. Search issue labels to find the right project for you!
- First Timers Only - Friendly Open Source projects should reserve specific issues for newbies.
- Your First PR - Start contributing to Open Source with great starter issues on GitHub and elsewhere.
- Awesome First PR Opportunities - A list of awesome beginners-friendly projects.
- Codetriange - Help out your favorite open source projects and become a better developer while doing it.
- Pull Request Roulette - Pull requests (or PRs) submitted for review.
- Codetribute - Find your first code contribution with Mozilla.
- What Can I Do For Mozilla
- Coursera - Machine Learning by Andrew NG using Matlab.
- Udacity - Intro to ML using Scikit-Learn.
- Google - Machine Learning Crash Course using Tensorflow.
- YouTube - Machine Learning Recipes with Josh Gordon.
- Foundations of Machine Learning - 30 lecture training course by Blooomberg.
- Fast.ai - 7 week course on Practical Deep Learning
- Google Code Labs - TensorFlow and deep learning, without a PhD
- Learning From Data - Yaser Abu-Mostafa, Caltech
- Programming with Python for Data Science - Microsoft
- Kaggle - Data Science competitions
- Elements of AI
- Udacity - Intro to AI by Peter Norvig and Sebastian Thrun
- Microsoft AI School
- Microsoft AI Professional Program
- AI Adventures - Video series by Google Cloud Platform
- edX - Berkeley’s CS 188, offered through edX
Technical Student/Developer Programs
- Alexa Student Influencers
- Unity Student Ambassadors
- HackerEarth Campus Ambassadors
- GitHub Campus Experts
- Dell Campassadors
- Google Developer Student Clubs
- Microsoft Student Partners
- HackerRank Campus Ambassadors
- Mozilla Campus Clubs
- Mozilla Tech Speakers
- Mozilla Reps
- Facebook Developer Circles
Summer Student Programs
- IISc Summer School
- Google Summer of Code
- Google Season of Docs
- Crio Summer of Doing
- IITR Spark
- FossAsia OpenSource
Winter Student Programs
Women In Tech Programs
A list of annually conducted major hackathons and developer centric initiatives, sorted in chronological order of registration period.
- Feb: Google Kick Start - Algorithmic challenges designed by Google engineers.
- Mar: Google Code Jam - Solve algorithmic problems in a fixed amount of time.
- Jul: Microsoft Imagine Cup - Resolve some of the world’s toughest challenges with technology.
- Sep: NASA Space Apps Challenge - International mass collaboration focused on space exploration.
- Oct: DigitalOcean Hacktoberfest - Support open source and earn a limited edition T-shirt.
- Nov: GitHub Game Off - Spend one month creating games based on a theme.
- Dec: 24 Pull Requests - Contribute to projects for 24 days leading up to christmas.